Thursday, January 04, 2007

So The Ludic Kid announced that he'd return to updating the Ludic Log next week on a daily basis and made it a little easier on his own bad self by working out a schedule of when he'd be posting what kind of writing. Good on him, and I wish him the best at it, as always.

I've always been a filthy lazy bum with nothin' but potential, though, so I saw his announcement and thought "hey, there's an idea I can steal!" Which is what this post is all about. Every year I resolve to draw more, paint more, work more, finish what I start more and just generally go from a filthy lazy bum to a spic-n-span workaholic millionaire. And yet, here I am, so you know how well that's turned out. So, maybe if I set a schedule for myself, too, and can be the rollicking success story that Leonard is. Yeah, he might disagree with that assessment, but you gotta figure in where I am in relation to him. So, here's my version of his how-to-bust-assamajig:

Mondays: Portrait/caricature day. I will post one (1) (at least) drawn or otherwise hand-created image of a face, human or animal. Available styles will range from photorealism to ghastly distortion and simplification, but the image will be finished if single, or a series of studies if multiple.

Tuesdays: Figure drawing day. I will post one (1) (at least) drawn or otherwise hand-created image of a body, human or animal. Available styles as before.

Wednesdays: Setting/object day. I will post one (1) (at least) drawn or otherwise hand-created image of a place or thing. Available styles as before.

Thursdays: Narrative day. I will post one (1) (at least) drawn or otherwise hand-created strip or comic page. This being more ambitious that the three previous (in some senses it is to be a synthesis of all three previous exerciises) I will be somewhat more charitable in my definition of 'finished' in this case.

Fridays: Doowhutchyalike. I will listen to Digital Underground's sound advice and indulge myself in either experimentation or retreat to my comfort zone.

Saturdays: Color day. While the majority of entries will be monochrome, since I favor the media of graphite and ink, on Saturday I will knuckle down and either use photoshop to add color to a previous work or use traditional media to create an original color work.

Sunday: And on the seventh day he rested. Whattaya expect? I've never kept a schedule even remotely this tough before without an overseer cracking the whip. I've gotta cut myself a little slack.

Wish me luck, visit often, please encourage me when I'm doing well and bitch me out when I'm shitting myself back into bad old habits.

Starting Monday, January 8 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home