Monday, January 29, 2007

So, uh, well...I'm consistently posting faces anyway. No surprise that this is easiest for me. I've always had more fun drawing faces than anything else. Especially fat, ugly faces with unpleasant expressions like this fellow here. This, clearly is just a quick doodle with a hard pencil that got darkened up in photoshop. I used this curly, graceful line (at least somewhat) that I really admire in artists like Paul Pope, Al Columbia, Charles Vess, and dudes like that. I know they actually use a flexible pen/brush to achieve it, but so what? You're gonna tell me what I can and can't use to imitate people? If I want to do it the difficult, stupid way you'll just have to respect my decision. Anyway, I'm hoping to use this as an object with which to teach myself the pen tool in PS. It's time I learned to vector! I hope to post preliminary results of that little experiment tonight.

(He probably still should have been more complete though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home